NITEL Limited is a multi-product integrated technologies business with core activities in the following areas;
- Financial technology (fintech services) focusing on Electronic payment;
- Enterprise services focusing on infrastructure, hosting and support services;
- Applications development;
- Data communication services.
NITEL is headquartered at No. 4 -6 Victoria Avenue in Blantyre, Malawi.
NITEL is a service and customer-first brand and has its corporate philosophy represented in its vision, mission and core values as follows:
“To provide innovative solutions that simplify life”
“Providing innovative solutions that simplify life”
Core Values (ICE-IT)
- Innovative - We are intuitive, curious, inventive and bold to create new ideas for our customers, business and employees.
- Customer delight - We are dedicated to every customer’s success.
- Excellence - We execute everything we do in a manner that demonstrates superiority.
- Integrity - We are real.
- Team work - We are collaborative and respect the contributions of each person to the team’s success.
NITEL’s shareholding and governance are structured for strategic effectiveness as follows:
- NITEL Trust 94%
- Reserve Banks of Malawi 5%
- The Secretary to Treasury 1%
NITEL is overseen by an independent Board of Directors which comprises non executives of which 2 are shareholder linked. The Board exercises total control over strategy and decision-making. Furthermore despite the government orientation of its ownership, the company by virtue of its being registered outside the statutory corporation framework deals with the government on arms-length competitive commercial terms.