NITEL is a player in the Wide Area Network (WAN) market with a capability to provide connectivity to virtually any part of Malawi. This is achieved through the use of a number of industry standard technologies that include encryption and comprehensive IT Security Policy and Procedures guiding the management of Its infrastructure.
The company runs a hybrid high capacity backbone with redundancy between Blantyre, Lilongwe and Mzuzu, network comprising of;
- Integrated wireless broadband
- 4G/GPRS Access Networks
Through its integrated WAN infrastructure, the company offers Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and Internet services which are:
- High speed
- Cost effective
NITEL VPN enhances office productivity through its reliable GPRS network which enables clients to access Corporate LAN from anywhere, over a secure VPN tunnel. This feature enables clients to easily access their work place LAN in the comfort of their homes, through their mobile phones and computer device.
NITEL operates a state of the art Data Centre located in Blantyre which is used to host internal and clients Servers. Data Hosting enables clients to:
- Safeguard Business-Critical Data against loss of data through fire, natural disasters and malicious attacks.
- Provide continuous business operations to customers in case of system errors, clients redirect operation to data hosted at NITEL and continuing with business operations properly.
NITEL Data Centre was built in way that enables it to host Data and provide services to the market in using various models which include:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Clients users can logon to a computer anywhere on the network and access their work files from the file server.
- Security – NITEL creates usernames and passwords to all users to prevent unauthorized access
- Easy restoration of Data.
- Nitel offers AAA (Authentication, Authorization and Accounting) intelligence in control and monitoring access to computer resources.